Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Scare tactics?


The other day I bought the new Elle. I enjoy this magazine because I find that it has alot of interesting articles and trend reports, however I have noticed that now more than ever there are so many articles telling you to start perventing aging once you pass 20. I am 21 and I feel like I'm being scared into this trend of buying anti-aging cream and everything else they are trying to sell to me. I don't know what to do, which to buy, it's like we get bombarded with these type of scare adds. If I don't use the products being advertised does that mean I'll grow up to be plagued with bad skin and wrinkles. I just feel that its not right for the advertising companies to prey on our fears of aging so that we will buy their products.


-Lindsey Holt

No comments: